All usefull informations you´ll find in our tournament programme.
Diriyah is the proud host of the Diriyah Tennis Cup presented by Saudi Aramco - the first professional tennis tournament ever to be staged in Saudi Arabia.
This history-making event will take place for a duration of three days, from December 12-14. It will be featuring eight world class men's players all staged at the 15,000-seater built Diriyah Arena.
The outdoor knockout tournament will be played on a state-of-the art newly installed hard court within the grounds of Diriyah.
Providing an intimate setting; allowing tennis fans and newcomers to the sport with the intention of getting close to some of the world's best players.
As well as providing amazing sport, drama and entertainment, the Diriyah Tennis Cups aims to develop the sport of tennis in the Kingdom. It inspires new players, both young and old, to take up the game for the first time and remain healthy and active.
Located just minutes from Riyadh, Ad Diriyah was founded in 1446 CE on the banks of the Wadi Hanifah. Diriyah, once home to the founding members of Al Saud royal family, known as At-Turaif. At-Turaif is now a prominent UNESCO world heritage site.
A sign of Saudi Arabia opening up and progression towards a more vibrant society was witnessed last year when historical Diriyah was transformed into Formula E circuit. The venue then came alive as 3 nights of live concerts saw global superstars Black Eyed Peas, Enrique Iglesias, David Guetta and Jason Derulo perform in the first music festival in Saudi history.
The changes in Saudi society are very easy to see and the journey is continuing.
This stunning UNESCO world heritage site is the heartbeat of Saudi Arabia and country’s first capital city. It will provide a truly special venue for the tournament – arguably tennis’ most unique venue.
Ancient history blending with state-of-the-art technology and the very best in hospitality
The DTC presented b Saudi Aramco joins a spectacular line-up of world-class sport, including Formula-E and the heavyweight boxing rematch between Andy Ruiz Jnr and Anthony Joshua, Equestrian as well as world class music artists, entertainment and culture.
We´ll inform you, when the tickets for the Diriyah Tennis Cup 2020 are on sale.
Drive with your car to the parking space at King Saud university. There you get assistance by your ushers and can take the shuttle bus to the Diriyah Arena.
We want your visit to the historic Diriyah Tennis Cup presented by Saudi Aramco to be truly enjoyable and memorable. To ensure spectators have the very best experience possible, please comply with the following Code of Conduct.
- Turn phones to silent during matches
- Stay seated until the players changes ends
- Keep quiet during points to not disturb the players
- Turn off the flash on your phone
- Treat the players, umpires and fellow spectators with respect
- Disorderly and antisocial behavior could see fans ejected from the Diriyah Arena
The following items are prohibited and may not be brought onto the premises:
- Weapons, replica weapons or item resembling weapons
- Glass bottles or other blunt instruments;
- Explosives, chemicals or incendiary devices;
- Fireworks, flares, firecrackers;
- Animals (save for trained assistance or guide dogs);
- Illegal substances, including illicit drugs and needles (save as required for valid medical reasons)
- Poles, flagpoles, sticks, large photography equipment (e.g. tripods), bats;
- Drones or unmanned aerial devices;
- Electronic transmitting equipment or lasers pointers
- Large objects such as suitcases / bags or items too large to be electronically screened;
- Materials, objects or articles of political, ideological, philosophical or religious nature, that promotes the same, including, but not limited to, documents, flyers, banners, badges, insignia;
- Arrive in advance to your seat
- Wear headgear and sunglasses for protection from the sun and use sunblock.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration
- Bring warm clothes for the evenings
- There are no bag storage facilities
You are not allowed to bring your own food or drinks to the Diriyah Tennis Cup presented by Saudi Aramco. But there, you can buy something there at Food Trucks und you can take these into the arena.
You need to score four points to win a game of tennis. The points are known as 15 (1 point), 30 (two points), 40 (three points) and the fourth would result in the winning point and the end of that game. If the scores went to 40-40 this would be known as deuce. When a game reaches deuce the player must then win by two clear points.
Winning the Game
To win the game you must win two sets. Winning a set is simply the first player to reach 6 games, but have to be clear by at least 2 games. If the set goes to 6-6 then a tie break is played and it’s simply the first player to 7 points (he must be clear by at least 2 points).
The third set will be decided in a „Match Tie-Break“. The player who first reaches 10 points (by at least 2 points clear), wins the match.
- The game starts with a coin toss to determine which player must serve first and which side they want to serve from.
- The server must then serve each point from alternative sides on the base line. At no point must the server’s feet move in front of the baseline on the court prior to hitting their serve.
- If the srver fails to get their first serve in they may take advantage of a second serve. If they again fail to get their second serve in then a double fault will be called and the point lost.
- If the server clips the net but the ball goes in the service area still then let is called and they get to take that serve again without penalty. If the ball hits the net and fails to go in the service area then out is called and they lose that serve.
- The receiver may stand where they wish upon receipt of the serve. If the ball is struck without the serve bouncing then the server will receive the point.
- Once a serve has been made the amount of shots between the players can be unlimited. The point is won by hitting the ball so the opponent fails to return it in the scoring areas.
- If a player touches the net, distracts his opponent or impedes in anyway then they automatically lose the point.
- The ball can hit any part of the line for the point to be called in, outside the line and the ball is out.
- A player loses a point if they fail to return the ball in either the correct areas on the court, hits the net and doesn’t go into opponent’s area or fails to return the ball before it bounces twice in their half.
- The matches during the Diriyah Tennis Cup presented by Saudi Aramco will be played with no line umpires.
In the Diriyah Arena the „Hawk Eye Live“-System, an electronic line-calling device that eliminate the need for line judges, will be used.
Quarterfinalist: 125.000 $
Semifinalist: 250.000 $
Final consolation round: 100.000 $